Music starts at 0:40.
We’re back with some tunes for you to get ready this Friday Morning.
How to describe Tinashe’s music? Is it Afro-fusion? Acoustic? Pop? It’s a feel-good mix of sounds that will have you hitting ‘replay’…’rewind’…’replay’. Originally from Zimbabwe, he’s currently based in London where he writes, sings and produces.
For more, check out his official page here.
Happy Friday Morning!
It’s been a while since we’ve given you something to get ready for the weekend with. This is more like, tunes to help you get ready for the summer…which officially starts today 🙂
1. Shad from Canada – There are few songs that I can say have changed my life, without exaggerating. This is one of them. Keep shining!
2. Blue Scholars from the US- There’s no video for this one, but this song was my intro to the amazing duo that is Blue Scholars. Call me a fan!
3. Paloma Faith from the UK – When I saw the balloons, I couldn’t resist adding it!
4. And finally, Irma from France
Have a great weekend!
Happy Friday! We thought we’d add some tunes to start off your Memorial Weekend off right.
1. First up, Maroon 5‘s “Payphone, featuring Wiz Khalifa. A little NSFW, but there’s nothing like a guy singing about Love gone wrong.
For this edition of Friday Morning Tunes, we’re staying on the African continent…well, sort of. You’ll see what I mean in a second.
1. First up, Matt Houston featuring P-Square. It’s France meet Nigeria: part French, part English, all positive, reminding us to try again and again when we fail.
2. Jimmie Gait and DK from Kenya. Furi Furi Dance. Sounds like a perfect way to celebrate a Friday morning.
3. Asa from Nigeria by way of France. We love a good dance train…and bright colors. Obviously.
4. And for your throwback of the day, Miriam Makeba from South Africa. We think it’s okay if Pata Pata is stuck in your head this morning.
This week, we are loving some pick-me-up music for our around the world. We can’t get enough of these guys. Happy (early) Weekend!
1. Rizzle Kicks from the UK. We’re still trying to understand why “Mama do the hump” is just perfect for a Friday morning.
2. ChocQuibTown from Columbia. We finally figured out that Calentura means Fever…or is it Temperature?…Crush? Anyone?
3. Kimbra from New Zealand– Friday mornings should include an explosion of color!
4. Everybody deserves some Corinne Bailey Rae on their Friday.